Combat dark circles under your eyes with simple tips:
- Drink nearly 10 glasses of water everyday.
- Ensure that you get good rest and adequate sleep.
- Eat vegetables and fruits rich in vitamin A.
- Consume a nutritionally balanced diet.
Grate 2' piece of cucumber. Squeeze through a muslin cloth and extract the juice. Dip cotton pads in this and place on eyelids. Relax for 15 minutes.
Take 1 teaspoon Tomato pulp, 1 pinch of Turmeric powder 1 teaspoon of limejuice and 1 teaspoon of gram flour. Make a paste and apply gently. Remove gently with moist cotton pads after an hour.
Soak 2 Almonds overnight. Peel and grind to a smooth paste. Add a few drops of limejuice to this Apply for 20-25 minutes. This should be followed daily and gradually after 2 weeks, every 3rd day and finally when the difference is visible, to once week. A paste of Almonds can be stored in a clean bottle in the 'fridge.
Apply a paste made by crushing a handful of Mint leaves.
- Dip wads of cotton in a chilled mixture of cucumber and potato juice. Keep this on your eyelids for 15 to 20 minutes and gently wash it off. Apply a little baby oil.
- For long eyelashes, apply a thin coat of castor oil every night. It strengthens lashes and cools your eyes.
- Massage a few drops of coconut oil around the eyes to get rid off dark circles.
- To reduce puffiness of your eyes, grate a potato; tie in a cloth and place the cloth over your eyes for about 15 minutes.
- Add a small pinch of salt in water and wash for bright and sparkling eyes.
- Mix tomato juice and lemon juice in equal quantity and apply around the eyes. After 30 minutes wash it off with cold and hot water alternatively.
- Make a paste of sandal wood and nutmeg. Apply the paste around the eyes before sleeping and wash it off in the morning.
- Crush a cucumber and take the juice. Add a little rose water and apply around the eyes and wash it after 30 minutes.
- Place cotton wool swabs dipped in cold milk on closed eyes for removing dark circles.